Summer Health Internship Program (SHIP)
Application start date: January 8th, 2024
Application end date: March 31st, 2024
Who should Apply:
- High school juniors, and seniors
- Six-week internship placements in hospitals and community-based health centers and organizations
- Weekly didactic sessions with health professionals and field trips
- Exposure to health careers and community health issues
- Student must be in high school at the start of the program
- Student must attend school or live in the Bronx or Westchester
- Student must be interested in a health career
- Student must provide two recommendations; one from a teacher or faculty member.
**To provide a safe educational environment for all of our high school, college and post bacc pipeline programs, BW AHEC will follow current CDC and Institutional guidelines for the Summer 2023 sessions; requiring that all students participating in all programs follow social distancing, wear a mask, and proof of vaccination will be required. These rules will be amended as new guidelines or regulations become effective.
BW AHEC SHIP Applicants may be eligible for funding through the NYC “Ladders for Leaders” program. L4L applications bust be submitted by January 21st. Please got to the following link to apply: https://application.nycsyep.com/.