Summer Health Internship Program (SHIP)
Application start date: February 2nd, 2022
Application end date: March 31st, 2022
Who should Apply:
- High school sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Six-week internship placements in hospitals and community-based health centers and organizations
- Weekly didactic sessions with health professionals and field trips
- Exposure to health careers and community health issues
- Student must be in high school at the start of the program
- Student must attend school or live in the Bronx or Westchester
- Student must be interested in a health career
- Student must provide two recommendations; one from a teacher or faculty member.
**To provide a safe educational environment for all of our high school, college and post bacc pipeline programs, BW AHEC will follow current CDC and Institutional guidelines for the Summer 2022 sessions; requiring that all students participating in all programs follow social distancing, wear a mask, and proof of vaccination will be required. These rules will be amended as new guidelines or regulations become effective.