Through collaborative relationships with community partners in healthcare facilities, academic institutions, government agencies and a variety of community based organizations, the Bronx-Westchester Area Health Education Center:
- Encourages youth to pursue health careers through student internships and school programs.
- Creates community-based health professional training opportunities and public health programs.
- Strengthens community networks to increase minority representation in all healthcare professions.
- Builds partnerships to increase the quality and accessibility of healthcare in underserved communities.
- Facilitates the ongoing development of community partnerships to eliminate health disparities and achieve common goals.