HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMS
SUMMER HEALTH INTERNSHIP PROGRAM (SHIP)
- High School Sophomores and Seniors
- Must attend school and/or reside in Bronx or Westchester Counties
- Apply Online: February 1, 2018
- Application Deadline: March 4, 2018
- Program Date: July 5 – August 9, 2018
Summer Health Internship Program (SHIP) provides a six week summer placement opportunity for students entering their junior and senior years of high school, and freshmen and sophomore in college, who have expressed an interest in the health field. Students are exposed to a variety of careers in the health fields as well as to health issues affecting their communities.
Students will intern at their designated sites three days per week for five hours per day, with mandatory didactic sessions once per week. These sessions encompass a full day and include lectures, field trips, and other health related activities. At the end of the program, students will be required to attend a closing ceremony and present a final project.